Release version: 0.7.1a - June 23, 2002
Release version: 0.7.1 - June 21, 2002
- Fixed null pointer bug when cancelling "save as" operation.
- Fixed generate source dialog bug that wouldn't enable the "okay" button.
Release version: 0.7 - June 10, 2002
- Added a confirmation dialog box when exiting Radical.
- Added "save as" functionality.
- Source generation now checks for an empty file name.
- Fixed a bug in the "save form" routine; the bug resulted in a null
pointer exception if event listeners were added to the form without
specifying any event listener method bodies.
- Fixed a bug in the "open form" routine; the bug resulted in forms
not being loaded because during reflection the Class.getMethod()
method only finds the target method when the parameter type exactly
matches the formal parameter type (i.e., not when it is a subclass
of the formal parameter type).
- Translators for java.awt.Point and java.awt.Dimension
are now included by default into the type translators list; you will
need to delete the "translators.dat" file from the
".radical" directory in your home directory to automatically
add them to your translator list. You can also add them manually using
the type translator manager dialog; add "java.awt.Point" /
- Fixed a simple bug in the "live demo" code that resulted in a
null pointer exception when displaying a componented embedded
inside of another component (e.g., a text area in a scroll pane).
Release version: 0.6.6a - May 11, 2002
- Added support for creating event listeners.
- Updated usage tutorial to include event
- Added import list management for explicitly specifying which
classes/packages should be imported in the generated code.
- Added a "live demo" feature that builds a panel and populates it
with the current layout to provide a more precise idea of what the
layout will look like.
- Added persistent properties for saving the window position (in
stand-alone mode) and the palette divider position.
- Incorporated newest version of TableLayout.
- Implemented a work-around for the drag-and-drop bug that was
causing Radical to lock up under JDK 1.4 on Windows.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in non-unique component names after saving
a form and reloading it.
Release version: 0.6.6 - April 24, 2002
- Modified the installer to work with Source Forge's new file mirroring
system; currently, the installer defaults to round-robin for U.S.
Release version: 0.6.5 - April 23, 2002
- Fixed a bug that was causing child instances to not reload properly.
- Source generator dialog box now remembers previous values.
Release version: 0.6.0 - April 8, 2002
- New installer package that allows you to optionally download
documentation and/or source code.
- Created a simple tutorial in usage.html;
included an example form that is related to the tutorial.
- Introduced generic support via reflection for adding "child instances"
to layout components; this mechanism is used to perform actions such
as setting the viewport for a scroll pane or adding left/right
components to a split pane -- in other words, laying out scroll
panes or anything else that requires the setting of child instances
is now supported in Radical.
- Updated source code generation to deal with child instances.
- The "Properties..." context menu item now supports editing
- Added JSplitPane to component palette, its painting
behavior is a little strange but it works fine; in order to see the
split pane on your palette, you will have to delete the
"palette.dat" configuration file from the ".radical"
directory in your home directory.
- Added a layout support manager dialog under the "Tools" menu.
- Modified form persistent format to deal with child instances; also
now include a file format version number to simplify converting old
Preliminary release version: 0.5.0 - March 25, 2002
- Introduced the LayoutSupport and LayoutConstraintSupport
interfaces to create an abstraction layer that insulates Radical from
the actual layout manager being used for panel layout; this means that
Radical is now fairly generic with respect to layout managers.
- Created TableSupport and TableConstraintSupport
classes to provide support for TableLayout using the new
"generic" layout manager interfaces.
- Created BorderSupport and BorderConstraintSupport
classes to provide support for BorderLayout using the new
"generic" layout manager interfaces.
- Included the latest release of TableLayout that improves
some issues; now you can specify alignment for components that span
multiple columns and/or rows.
- Minor cosmetic changes here and there to improve usability.
- Obviously, created a more complete release package since the
first release was binary only.
Feel freel to contact me firstname.lastname@example.org.
Richard S. Hall